APO and Canadian Customers please contact us first due to certain shipping restrictions.
Pump Tower – This optional free standing RIMS plumbing tower offers the following features:
- March 815 HS pump (can be purchased with or without the pump)
- Flow meter to set your mash recirculation rate and your lauter rate. Doubles as a visual wort color/clarity sight-glass!
- Adjustable low-flow alarm sounds a horn if your mash begins to stick or your flow slows for any reason
- Custom designed 3-way valve will divert your wort from your mash tun to your boil kettle at sparge time with a twist of the wrist
- Wort sampling valve to check for starch conversion or specific gravity/pH during the sparge
- Conveniently mount one or two control modules (optional mounting plate reqd for second control)
- Tower includes integral GFCI recepticale for safety
- Cleanup is a breeze! All you need is a bottling bucket.
- Optional mounting kit for TopTier owners to permanantly install the unit onto your stand!
- Gloss black powder coated tower will look beautiful for years.
Click the link below to download the current TOWER of POWER manual. The free communication software can be downloaded on the Software tab. We encourage you to thoroughly read this manual prior to purchase to ensure that your system will function as expected when coupled with the TOWER of POWER control system.
This Communication software is free to download for use with the TOWER of POWER control system. Use for any other purpose or product is strictly prohibited! If you are not comfortable with using computers and/or do not like experimenting or tinkering with your system this is probably not a feature you should explore. In any case, we highly recommend that you master operating the product in manual mode first before attempting to operate in auto ramp/soak mode.
This software will allow you to access the advanced features of the product such as the automatic mash profile ramping. This software is for Windows XP, Vista and 7 only. Mac version not available.
Important: This is an advanced feature and phone/tech support is not provided through Blichmann Engineering. If you do have questions or trouble please contact your retailer for assistance. We highly recommend that you review the online video (below) PRIOR to purchasing the optional cable to connect your PC to the TOWER of POWER controller. This cable is NOT a simple USB cable! It converts the instruments RS485 protocol to USB via an imbedded chip in the cable.
Click link below to download the software:
Will the TOWER of POWER scorch my wort?
If your system meets the necessary flow capability listed in the manual, and you can maintain a low setting on your burner, you will not experience any scorching. We have tested the product extensively on very light colored worts and even in “worst case” testing no discoloration was detected.
Why don’t you put the sensor directly into the mash?
The TOWER of POWER controls the temperature of the wort returning to the top of the mash bed. Placing the sensor in the mash will cause severe instability, and performance will be highly dependent on your batch size, flow rates, and burner power.
Tower of Power – Tower