5.2 is a proprietary blend of food-grade phosphate buffers (similar to brewer’s salts) that will lock in your mash and
kettle water at a pH of 5.2 regardless of the starting pH of your water.
Repeatability throughout the brewing process is the key to producing consistent high quality beer. Of all the ingredients
in your beer, water is the most misunderstood component. The quality, hardness and subsequent pH of your
water will affect enzymatic activity, solubility of salts, proteins and sugars as well as hop usage and perceived hop
bitterness. In addition, water quality also contributes to scaling and mineral deposits on your equipment. Now
you have the ability to control the pH of your brewing water!
- Optimizing the enzymatic activity of your malt
- Helping clarify your wort
- Obtaining more consistent hop usage in the boil
- Reducing scaling & mineral deposition in all your equipment
- Brewing more consistent beer!